Here’s an OSOM tribute to Back to the Future, besides our printed tee which is already tribute enough, considering we’ve added batman to the scene!
21/10/15. October 21st, 2015 is where Marty McFly landed in the classic movie, but today's world looks quite different from the predicted version on display in the movie. Although we haven't quite figured out time travel or Anti-gravity yet, the movie comes quite close to the current technology scene and I'm sure the makers had no idea that their farfetched imaginations would actually materialize in such an accurate given time period. I mean it would be pretty cool if we could time travel, but don’t worry OSOM is coming up with a tee for time travel in the next 4-5 years. Wait for it!
That being said, the movie did get a few predictions spot on and let’s take a look at what they got right –
- Hover boards – Yes, they DO exist! Although you need a lot of money and super cool magnets and copper plates to make them work, they’re not very far away. Maybe another 30 years!
- TV Screens Everywhere - Considering how TV screens looked in the 1980’s, it’s amazing how accurately the movie envisioned current day huge-ass flat screen televisions
- Talking Machines – Although we still don’t have talking laundry drying machines, We’ve got Siri thanks to Apple and she’s as close as it gets. As annoying as she can be, it’s not too far away you’ve got to admit.
- Using monitors for ordering food – You’ll be amazed to know that restaurants all over the world have adopted this technique of touch screens where you can customize and place the order.
- Wireless Video Games – We actually have the Wii and other gaming consoles that makes it as real as it can be. Accurate eh?
In memory of the back to the future day, Westfield mall in London came up with this